Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Family...

I am experiencing the interesting things that happen when there is a blending and combining of families. You know, Nick's family has always loved me. In fact, his mom loved me before she even met me. I am pretty sure that the reason for that is that Nick's other girlfriends were just not fantastic like I am, but then again...who is?! :)
I bring this up because, for the first time ever yesterday, I was included in a family email from Nick's dad. Don't get me wrong, I have emailed back and forth with both of his parents for a while now, but it was fun to see my name next to Nick's and his grandparents and and I think, his uncle's--as if that is an unofficial signal that I am in! Yeah!
On the other side, his mom and step-dad are coming down from Casper this weekend to spend the day with us. Nick will be here (his birthday is Sunday), so Mom decided that she wanted to come and see us. She sends me emails sharing her excitement at coming to see us, and she likes to emphasize that she is excited to see BOTH of us. I like it. It is nice to have the love and support of his family...even if Nick does say that they love me more.
The other nice thing is that Nick and my family get along so well. I mean, how could you not get along with my family? Still...I like to see them together. Like in this picture. This was after the Munchkin's play in September. There is Kelli, Adam, Nick, Stef, Kara, Chris, and Daniel who are not related, but are family none-the-less. We had a great time with them all!

Then there is this picture from that same weekend. It is such a cute picture of Nick and Kelli. We took it at Holly and Eric's family reception in Grand Junction.

So, for now, I am in family bliss. Mine is wonderful as always, and his gets better and better as I get to know them more and more. Thank goodness for that!

No comments: