Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving is coming and I'm not ready!

Thanksgiving is usually my favorite holiday. This year, I am having a hard time finding my Thanksgiving groove. There isn't a blaring reason for this. I mean, every year life gets busier and busier and busier, but this year might be the first in quite a few when things have somewhat calmed down--or our obstacles are annoying but manageable--and I don't NEED to cling to the holidays to make it through the rest of this year. Sadly, this kind of makes me nervous too. I sometimes find myself looking over my shoulder to see what might be following me or lurking around the corner. I wonder if I will ever be able to relax again. That's rather depressing, isn't it?

Despite the somber tone that this post has apparently taken on, life at our house is pretty good. Nick is almost done with his current hitch, so we will get Daddy home for two weeks over the Thanksgiving holiday. The girl's are ready. Q has asked him every morning for the last five if he is done and can hang out with her now. One more night, baby girl!

Maybe I just need to remind myself of all the things for which I am thankful. There are lots and lots, so over the next few days I will post about those things...all those little things, because the little things help me appreciate the big things even more.

No comments: