Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Deep Thoughts with Momma J

I have a major case of the IF ONLY's today. You know:

If only I had joined choir in high school. 
If only I had been brave enough to audition for the musical. 
If only I had finished my novel before the babies got here. 
If only I had majored in gorillas...

You know!

My hubby plays the WHAT IF game a lot, and it drives me insane. Much for the same reason I am driving myself insane today. We aren't meant to live in that place. It isn't healthy. To be hung up on what you did or didn't do OR on what may or may not happen...no good comes from this. 

President Thomas S. Monson, the prophet and leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, gave a talk titled, "In Search of Treasure", and in it he said, "Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today. Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it." 

So, I suppose I need to let go of my IF ONLY's. I can't change what has happened, but I sure as heck do have power over how I handle things today. 

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtFFQlZPz85EEnqH6_cmTdQQx3QlCC-fnB782HCl68JtyeVKmM

No comments: