Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 22, 2013

Car Drama Mamma


Admittedly, I have trouble with this lately. It is hard to remember to count your many blessings when so much seems to be going wrong. I know I am blessed daily, but there are times when those blessings are a little more obvious than others. Twice this week, we have been blessed with our own little miracle. Twice, I have been spared from having to fork over money that we absolutely do not have right now to fix our cars. 

First, we had to take the Escape in for some work when the check engine light was blinking on and off at me  and the whole car seemed to be shaking. We took it in and had the initial work done on it, paid $680 for the repairs and brought it home. Less than 24 hours later, the engine light was back at it. So, I made the call, took it back in, and the dealership agreed to fix whatever was wrong at no cost to us. "Sorry we missed it the first time." No offense to the dealership, but since that second repair was $1000 repair, I am not all that sorry that we had to take it in a second time. Saved us a pretty penny, so thank you for missing it the first time and fixing it for us the second!

Second, my Fusion check engine, oil and maintenance light have been on for a month or more. Probably more. The initial test on it came back with another dealership telling us that we needed to replace the transmission. Dude! That is SO expensive. I don't have $8500 just lying around to spend on anything. So, the car sat in my driveway while we tried to figure out exactly how to handle this one. The dealership where I took the Escape (where we bought it--it's a bit of a drive from our house, so I took the Fusion to a closer one at first) without looking at it, based on what the other dealership had told us gave us a better estimate ($5600), and, of course, wanted to look at it which they have not yet.
It's no secret that we currently have to have a breathalyzer device in the Escape in order for Nick to have his  license. The dumb thing malfunctioned and locked me out! So, I had to take the girls in the Fusion the few blocks to get it looked at. The technician jumped back in with me to make sure that it was functioning properly and the Fusion was driving him nuts. He convinced me to allow his one of his mechanics to look at it for me, and let me tell you, I am so glad that I did. Two wires, 45 minutes and $200 later, the Fusion runs like a dream! 

All I can say is, "Thank you" to a loving Heavenly Father who watches out for this stubborn girl. 

No comments: