Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Fabulous Colorado Weekend

Seriously, the title pretty much sums it all up! If you ever read this blog you know that I love Colorado and I could do without Texas, and I very much needed some time to go home and just BE with my friends and family before we embark on the new adventure of parenthood. So, when we had some extra money, Nick and I decided to make a trip home happen for me. He had a really great time, but I promise, this trip was to keep his wife sane. So, because there was just so much, I will share parts of the weekend through pictures.

 We spent a really random Friday running around Denver visiting people and places. We got breakfast at Santiago's--something I have been craving for months! We went to see Adam at work, former co-workers at PVHS, and then had dinner with Ashley, Adam, Kara, Rob, Anya, John and Korina at Old Chicago. Ashley (pictured with me on the left) left for Chicago the next morning, and I am just so glad we got to see her for a little while. It was great to see everyone that evening! I am so blessed with great people in my life!
 Saturday, we picked Nick's mom up! She was able to come to Denver with a friend, and she spent the day playing downtown with us and having lunch and shopping. We got her all settled at her hotel, and then we were headed back to Kristie and Ron's house (where Nick and I stayed for the weekend) to help get ready for a little BBQ with friends.
Okay, truth be told, the BBQ was actually a surprise Baby Shower for me. I kind of knew that it was happening, but what I did not know is that my mom and baby sister, Kelli, were driving over for the event. I walked in and sobbed as soon as I saw them. Yes, yes...I love my mom! She is pretty wonderful. Lots of people came to help us celebrate the new life we will be welcoming in January, and once again, I was overwhelmed by the people who love us so much!

 Pictured here are my two besties, Amber and Kristie. They planned the shower, and they are seriously two of the best people on the planet. It has been too long since we were in same room together, and I was completely emotional when we took this picture. It was good to be together again. I needed their company more than anything else.
From left to right pictured here are: Nick, Seth, Ben, and Parker. These are some of Nick's friends from college. They came to the party, and we were so happy to see them. They really are some of the greatest guys, and it was a lot of fun to see Nick laughing and reminicing with them. I think Cindy had a lot of fun chatting with them as well.
 This is after the party, as I was pondering how we were going to pack the new baby stuff into the suitcases that were already full. Don't you worry! I made it all fit, and the Frontier lady was nice enough to allow our two extra pounds to slide and she didn't charge us extra!
 This is just a sample, but at the shower, people could decorate a onesie for Quincy. This one is one that my mom decorated, They are all really cute, and I can't wait to get her little body into them! She is such a loved little girl already!
 This was the cupcake cake that Kristie picked out. It was so cute and so convienent! No cutting, not too much mess. There were chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. I had one of each, and they were divine!

This should probably have been the first picture, but this is the car that we drove all weekend. You see, when you are chatting with someone else at the rental counter, and your husband is given the option of an H3 to drive all weekend, apparently the logical thing to do is take it. It was fun to drive for a minute, but getting in and out was a chore for me. We thought we looked cool, but I am not sure why anyone would own one. It wasn't all that comfortable...just a fun story!
I have said time and time again that last weekend was the greatest weekend. We did so much, and I am just sad that we were unable to see more people. I loved being able to spend so much time with Adam and Kara! It was fun to see the Beutens. The Broncos played a horrible game, but we were glad to be at home watching the game with others who were suffering. I was able to refuel with good company, beautiful fall weather, amazing colors, family, and, of course, my love by my side the entire time. Colorado is my home, but it would not really be home without Nick there with me. So, for now, we make Texas our home and dream of Colorado winters...well, I do!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Sounds like a funny and busy weekend! Good for you. Oh, and by the way, I don't think I knew that you are having a girl! So fun! Girls are fun....but then again, I am biased :)
Hope you are feeling good. You look beautiful!!!