Pages

Time Spent with My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby News

It occurred to me the other moment that I haven't actually blogged about our baby news. We made our new "Facebook Official" weeks ago, and I have yet to actually write about it on here. So, for those of you who are interested, here it all is:

WE ARE HAVING A BABY!

As of right now, I am a little over 16 weeks pregnant, and feeling good. I was one of the lucky few who did not experience any morning sickness during my first trimester. Although, I waited for it to come. I didn't always feel wonderful, but I actually felt my worst at night. This allowed for us to have some pretty early bedtimes, but that was just fine with me! I have taken serious advantage of nap time so far as well. I have always loved naps, but they have become a necessary part of my day. 
My official due date is January 30, 2011. I am a January baby, so I can't help but hope that I will have a January baby too, but my wonderful grandmother has her birthday in February all by herself (this is unusual in our large family), and I know she would love to share her birthday month with a great-grandchild. So, we shall see! My mom's birthday is January 25th, and I think she wouldn't mind sharing either. 
We will find out what we are having in a few weeks. I can hardly believe it, but we are almost at that point. Then we will be at 20 weeks and half-way through this thing! Yikes! We still have so much to do! We are turning our current "office" into the nursery, so we still have a guest room for everyone to come visit. I am calendaring visits. I don't want everyone to converge on our house at once. I want everyone person (especially the excited grandmas) to have their share of time with this baby. So, we may have visitors from January to June, but really...I love it! Come one, come all! 

 
Here is our little kumquat when he/she was the size of a kumquat. This was taken at about ten weeks. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm so glad you announced it because for some reason, today I wanted to send you a little mamma message! :) Now I won't feel guilty because you FINALLY spilled the beans on here.

Because we are SOOO close in due dates I always think, "What's Jen feeling like today!? My 'new week' always lands on Tuesday so on Monday I think, "Dang! Jen's already moved up to the next week- Lucky!" As if I'm that far behind! :)

I'm glad you are still feeling well! Take a nap for me, too! I'm jealous!

Lova ya!

I have a good life said...

Wahoo! I know I already knew...but I have to say it again: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I love ya! By the way, February birthdays are the best! :)

chauwell said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

I hope that the tiredness subsides soon. I felt like I had mono during the first trimester; I'd come home from work drop on the couch and sleep for a few hours.

Think of it as taking good care of you and your baby!

Sooooooo happy for you!

Cami said...

Oh Jen! This post gave me the chills.....happy chills! I am so very happy for the both of you! I am happy that you are feeling well! Can't wait to hear what you are having! I wish that I could give you a Congrats hug! Keep napping you lucky duck!